RSGB SSB Field Day 2011
A popular club activity.
Finding the best ratio of contact rate to country multipliers provides
a challenging back drop to weekend outdoors.
The general rules apply to this contest
3rd/4th September 2011.
Time: 1300 - 1300UTC
Bands: 3.5, 7, 14, 21, 28MHz
Exchange: RS + Serial Number.
1. Sections: All sections are multi-operator. This is a portable contest as defined in General Rule 6.
(a) Open Section. Full licensed power. There is no restriction on the number, height or type of antennas.
(b) Restricted Section. 100W output power. One antenna only which must be a single element having not more than two elevated supports and not exceeding 15m above ground at its highest point.
(a) Open Section. Linear amplifier, one transmitter and two receivers. The receiver section of a second transceiver may be used as the second receiver if desired, so long as the transmitter section is disabled for the duration of the contest. Unused receiver sections must also be disabled for the duration of the contest.
(b) Restricted Section. One transmitter and one receiver or one transceiver. Both receivers in a dual-receive transceiver may be used, if desired. In all sections, equipment and antennas for packet radio access above 30MHz may also be used, if desired.
4. Scoring: For contacts with:
Fixed stations in IARU Region 1: 2 points
Stations outside IARU Region 1: 3 points
/P or /M stations in IARU Region 1: 5 points.
IARU Region 1 countries include those in Europe, Africa, USSR, ITU Zone 39 and Mongolia. For a more precise definition refer to the RSGB Amateur Radio Operating Manual. Points must not be claimed for contacts made by a competing station with members of its own group.
5. Multiplier: One for each DXCC Country worked on each band.
6. Logs: Online entries must be submitted to http://www.rsgbcc.org/cgi-bin/hfenter.pl by the date specified in the general rules. Entries must be in Cabrillo format, see here for information on preparing a Cabrillo entry.
information regarding the Cabrillo Format
7. Awards: The leading station in the Open section will receive the Northumbria Trophy and in the Restricted section, the G3PSH Memorial Trophy.